Wednesday, February 17, 2010

dance in the dark

Another package of the day! I ordered from HauteLook for the first time when they had Kevyn Aucoin's cosmetics on sale. The products were such a STEAL! Like lipsticks for $7 marked down from $27. I had to restrain myself and only purchase 4 products...I feel like I've been hemorrhaging money lately :(

So I received

Liquid Patent Lipgloss in Nyalia


Liquid Fountain Pen in Lilette


Liquid Lipstick in Ondine


Lip Tint in Tatjanaberry

I'm pretty pleasantly surprised. It's sometimes a gamble ordering unfamiliar makeup online but the colors are quite nice. I was bummed because "Ondine" (btw, the color names are so funky! maybe they're named after certain people) looked very similar to Beaute's Masochist which I just bought, but Ondine is more of a true cherry red while Masochist is a deeper retro red. Both are lovely. I'm excited about Nyalia, it's a very nice creamy rose. I don't have a lip color like it so I'm quite satisfied. Tatjanaberry is a little disappointing, it's a little too brown, not as nude as I had wanted. Maybe it'll look better when my skin is more tan.
I'm so happy to finally own a few Aucoin products. Kevyn Aucoin was the first makeup artist I loved. I remember scouring ebay for his first book "The Art of Makeup" years ago, luckily I found a decent copy! His books are so beautiful and I could just tell he was a kind, gentle man. His death was a huge loss for the beauty and fashion industry.

source: kevynaucoin

0 comments:

About Me



I'm Ainsleigh...I'm a 2nd year grad student who is becoming increasingly distracted by and invested in beauty and fashion. Hence, these garbled musings. (yeah! HENCE! house bunny anyone?)


Search

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Hit Counters